Wow I rarely ever update these things...
ANYWAY, there are a lot of things I've wanted to say.
1. What's up?
Eh, life, stuff, things, other stuff. School. Honestly, I don't have much to say. I mean, what DO I say? So recently, I've uploaded pictures of paintings I did. GUESS WHAT. They're up for sale
omg. Yeah. I opened up my own shop on Etsy.
Thanks to the support of my parents and my artistic and economic ambitions, I was finally able to open up a store. www.etsy.com/shop/UniverseR
<<<<that's the link! Check it out!
2. Artistic Goals...
In a previous journal entry, I was rambling about some things related to 3d modeling and animation. I want to...
- Create this castle I saw in my dream both physically and through 3d modeling.
- It was pretty cool, actually.
- Create a full length animated movie.
- Oh god... Halp. So much work, so little experience, so little time before college... Meep. I have the story down, and I'm editing it, and I'm doing character sketches. I'm also learning how to use Blender and while I've tried to model humans before, I have a lot to learn. And then there's everything else that has to do with 3d modeling and the environment and whatnot. :s
- Create a short film, an animated one.
- I don't know if it's 2d or 3d yet, but whatever it is, it'll help me gain experience and plan out that bigger project above.
- Create a game.
- Not just A game, an AWESOME game. Or at least a complete virtual world.. or two..or universe(s). This is mainly to improve my architecture skills and better understand and realize society. Yeah, this a bit far fetched. Baby steps, Frag, take baby steps... Slow down.
- Improve my art.
- Speaks for itself. I've come a long way for a self-taught artist, and I have a long way yet to go. Art is a journey I'm willing to continue.
- Compose music.
- I'm not looking to go big into music. I just want to be able to sit down one day and let my mind, ears, and heart take over for a while. Another form of expression.
- Have UniverseR take off and be myself.
- I want my art to sell, I want the economic rewards, but I'm not going to sell myself. An issue I ran into is how people want this rather than that. I know certain people like certain things, but I also want to enjoy my work. Each stroke of my brush, pencil, mouse, it all means something to me. I take pride in my work, and I'm sure there are people who do the same. Basically, a market that consists of people more like me, I hope. I just don't want to deaden myself to do something that someone else wants, you know?
- Create a comic, or a graphic novel.
- This is a bit more practical for right now. It doesn't require as much resources as the other projects above. Like... a dream journal, but visual~. Oh God, run for your lives. I have really vivid dreams and although they have similar themes, I think they're pretty cool. :3
- Be happy with myself.
- I just want to create art, regardless of medium, that makes me feel exhilarated. I want to look back at a piece thinking, Damn. That was a lot of work and I spent so much time on it. It was hard, but I learned something. And it looks fuckin' awesome. Good job, Frag, you've got stuff. You know, not to work in vain...
3. TL;DR- READ IT (please).
I have a lot of expectations for myself in the artistic realm of awesomeness, and I'm sure that it would have to take SEVERAL years for me to do what I want. I also want to do other things, but I'll save that for another journal entry. Yes, I know what you're thinking, Frag chill out, slow down. One step a time, hun. I know, I understand, but this is like a checklist. I don't work on the projects from sunrise to sunset. I do other things, too... I don't know. I'm not in a rush to complete any of them, but yeah, these are my goals.
OH AND BEFORE I FORGET,
I'd appreciate feedback, any comments, questions, etc. Remember to check out the shop~ www.etsy.com/shop/UniverseR UniverseR